Wow, Do You Need Video Now!
BY Chris Sean Nolan
Screens Are Everywhere!
As you can see from the nifty infographic based on stats from Invodo, if your business doesn’t have video or visual commerce content, you’re not just missing emerging trends – your missing everybody. Because 90% of consumers watch online video! Which is why, 93% of marketers now use video. What’s more, video content is mostly earned media, which is marketing-speak for, you don’t have to pay for the media.
More Video Wows.
• Online video users are expected to double to 1.5 billion in 2016. (Cisco)
• Online video production will account for more than one-third of all online advertising spending within the next five years. (Borrell Associates)
• By 2016 online video traffic will be 55 percent of all consumer Internet traffic.(Cisco)
• More 76 percent of marketers plan to add video to their sites, making it a higher priority than Facebook, Twitter and blog integration. (Social Media Examiner)
• More 89 million people in the United States are going to watch 1.2 billion online videos today. (ComScore)
• More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month, spending more than 4 billion hours watching videos (YouTube)
• 2 billion video views per week are monetized on YouTube, and every auto-shared tweet results in six new YouTube browsing sessions (ReelSEO).
Screens Are Mobile.
Tablets and Mobile are hyper-accelerating the need for Video Content – more people watch smartphones than read on them. And smartphones are fast streaming video platforms.
• 4G mobile video uploads are 5x faster than the average home broadband.
• 40% of YouTube video views are mobile nearly double that of 2012.
• Online video now accounts for 50 percent of all mobile traffic and up to 69 percent of traffic on certain networks. (Bytemobile Mobile Analytics Report)
• Mobile and tablet shoppers are three times as likely to view a video as laptop or desktop users. (NPD)
• 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others. (Invodo)
2 Seconds ‘Til You Go Bye-Bye.
While the facts show that video is everywhere, research also shows that visually most consumers give an online video in 2 seconds to interest them. That’s right, in blink of the eye, you could be gone.
And, of course, YouTube gives people 4 seconds to click away a pre-roll ad. Which means, while technological innovation gives you access to lots of eyeballs, holding their attention still requires human innovation. You still need a compelling story that’s relevant to your audience with eye-catching, attention-grabbing production values.
Combine a breakthrough idea with all his this techno, gee-wizardry and you have a real Wow.
At, 90,000 Feet, we’re an agile video marketing and production pros. We are an an integrated production resource that enjoys a close-knit collaborative relationships with clients, agencies, digital agencies, non-profit enterprises and all media partners, We have the in-house capabilities of an ad agency– a team of award-winning copywriters, screenwriters, directors, and producers – all working within a production/branded content production house/editorial and special effects studio.
If want to know more about ins and outs of Agile Video Marketing, email laurie@90000Feet.com.
Copyright © 2014 Chris Sean Nolan